Thursday, May 12, 2005

Invincibleness : Going, Going, and Gone..

As years tick by, the more aches you get. Childhood years well into young 20's, one can undertake physical demands and suffer few hours of pain. Now, as the body ages (and more inactivity I grant), the bod takes longer to heal. The other night, few friends and I went bowling to celebrate my twenty ninth year on this godforsaken planet. We consumed some liquor and barely as the event mandated. The more bolloxed I became, the harder I tried to bowl a strike since it's been years since I bowled last. Two days later, my arms and hamstring still creak and protest whenever I stand, sit down or walk. Carrying two boxes then a large laundry bag up three flights of stairs within few hours didn't help. Carried more laundry this morning. Real bright, huh?

I need to keep moving to make the aches go away. Been climbing stairs and moving about. May need to go swimming over the weekend (that is if my muscles doesn't seize up and I drown in 4 feet of water) to get the muscles straightened out. Then invest some time in hot tub with massage water jets ;).

*creak* oy. oy. *stretch* ow - I might as well be placed on a medieval rack and survive questioning about my attempts to coup the Gracie Mansion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you will help your buddy moving her stuff this Sat? Oy!

5/13/2005 3:42 PM  
Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

I'm good as new now :).. no worries, mate..

5/13/2005 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home