Friday, April 29, 2005

One Missed Call

A Japanese horror film. Saw it last night with a friend and still tingly whenever I think about certain scary parts. Haven't felt this deliciously unsettled since the Blair Witch Project.. Blair Witch uneasiness lasted for several hours and I had to walk through a clump of trees (maybe 5 or 6 at the most) from friend's apartment to mine. But it wore off once I got home.

Saw the 5:35 pm show and nearly 24 hours later I'm still shivering. Added bonus - during a tense scene, I felt an odd presence within me. I turned my head to look at my friend. An old woman with shaggy hair was leaning over my friend, trying to talk to her. My friend's attention was riveted to the movie and was oblivious to the woman's attempt for attention. The woman turned to me, her face in shadows behind the shaggy and uneven grey hair, her jaw moving up and down. I stared at her, still thinking about the movie. The woman then violently tapped her finger onto her wrist several times, her jaw moving. I immediately shrugged my shoulders, repeatedly shaking my head NO - anything to get that woman away from me. The woman moved her face away from mine and returned to her seat several rows behind me. I returned my attention back to the movie with greater degree of wariness and my nerves were even more wound up.

Shortly afterwards, I tapped my friend's shoulder saying I *had* to tell her something after the movie. She laughed it off and said, 'yeah you're gonna tell me you got a message in your pager' (see the movie for further reference). Once the movie finished, I explained my experience with the shaggy haired woman and my friend was incredulous that she didn't even notice her. We then happily dissected the movie on the way to a friend s party. I yapped about the movie to few people and demanded that they see it. I was still tripping from the movie experience.

This morning, I was drying my hair and heard banging from the front door. Several scenes about doors being banged in the movie came to mind. I walked to the door with the most intense trepidation I've ever had in a long time and secured my bathrobe further around my body. The banging were becoming louder and more insistent. I checked the peephole and opened the door. Whew. One of my roommates. She was bemused at how relieved I appeared to see her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the name of that flick? =) Me wanna see it!


~CMK

5/04/2005 12:32 PM  
Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

"One Missed Call" :) village cinema on univ place and 12th. enjoy :)

5/05/2005 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home