Saturday, July 02, 2005

Meet n' Greet

Finally figured out how to work this Hello Picsta thingy.. Yeah I'm that technologically inept. I'm still at loss how to add a picture in "about me" section. I ll get it.. Eventually.

Thought I'd start with my mother's beloved cocker spainels - Molly (left) and MacBeth (right). Both have very distinct personalities and neither one is shy or quiet. Once I stuck out my hand to say hello, they immediately came and jostled for my hand. At that moment Mac got the upper hand (bad one, I know..) .

Mac and Molly, everyone. Everyone, Mac and Molly.

Been thinking on and off (more frequently than occasional) about getting a dog. I've had roommates with cats and had a cat of my own.. so I'd like a change.

Oftentimes I immediately decide not to get a dog when I:

- look at my bank account balance
- notice grouchy people outside on sidewalk in wee hours of the morning waiting for their dog to find a spot to relieve itself.
- when I'm stuck outside in subzero weather (during a visit to parents) waiting for Mac or Molly to make up mind where to go after sniffing the other's deposit.
-no backyard.
-small apartment.
-have uninterrupted sleep.

When I'm back to Rural or have a bigger place with a slice of backyard will get one..

3 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

You'll know when you're ready for a dog... It took me years without having ne... Then the time was right, and I've had mine for a year and half now... It's LOVE.

Congrats on the Picasa thing... I love it, myself...

HAPPY 4th O' July!

7/02/2005 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate people who get pets without taking into account their predisposition to, say, disease. some can develop serious complications people just won't pay for because they're not human. HELL-fucking-O!?

or they can't afford it. that's why you buy FISH and LIZARDS if you're poor.

7/05/2005 11:13 AM  
Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

another perfectly valid reason. hell I can barely afford my own Rxs..

someday, someday..

7/06/2005 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home