Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Memorial Weekend

Ooh. 4 out of 5 nights drinking since Thursday. Average:4 beers a night. Definitely lots of toxins. Haven't done this since graduate school and yeah slowing down in age has a lot to do with it.. I need today to recover from the weekend alone.

Few notes:

I've missed Fleet Week the first two years living in this town and I walked into one bar last week and marines, sailors galore. I m glad I got to experience it this year. They're fun.

To soldiers and conscientious objectors: *raises a pint of beer* Cheers.

To war: The hell with you.

Char and I saw a Yankee/Red Sox game last Friday in LES. During the game, I had to go and tap my kidneys so I'm anxiously waiting in the line and my brain is flooded with piss. Several moments later, something smashed into back of my knee. I twirled around ready to defend myself and found a surly bus boy swinging a dishwasher tray at me and saying something.

2 1/2 years living in this town suffering abuse from hearie morons who waste their energy yelling behind my back to move, I've had enough. I snarled and clamped my hands onto my ears and said "DEAF!", jabbing my thumb on my chest. The bus boy stared at me then once he collected his wits, retorted by gesturing with a big dose of patronizing, for me to move. Asshole. Usually I get satisfaction by telling, calmly, to red faces of hearie that I'm deaf and the red angry faces would transform into disgust/guilty looks.

I kept shooting dirty looks and made sure to MOVE for him.

Memorial weekend: official start of the Summer. Weather's decent now, finally. Onwards!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i mean, after he didn't repent.

6/03/2005 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home