Saturday, March 05, 2005

Man in Subway II

I boarded a downtown train and nearly gave out a yell in fright once I saw what was sitting across from me. A lump of a man wearing a shabby business suit, penny loafers, and a ski mask. The kind the IRA wears when they're robbing a bank or summat.

The man was repulsive yet I was morbidly fascinated. Several moments, he took the ski mask off. His skin was white and very flaky. His slitted eyes nearly disappeared into folds of white and flaky flesh. The chilly weather must not agree with him. He put it back on again. On and off and on.

The poor gentleman wasn't comfortable on the molded train seats. He tried to recline as the seats were a Lazy-Boy. Eventually he picked himself up and left couple train stops before me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ridor said...

Gotta love NYC!

R-

P.S. Love your headline below the blog title!

3/10/2005 4:15 AM  
Blogger Katie Roberts said...

Only in New York...

3/12/2005 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home