Friday, February 18, 2005

Desperate Measures

I lost my tweezers while on vacation and for the past 3 weeks or so, I was unable to groom my eyebrows. Meanwhile, I was able to get away with little sprouts easily concealed by makeup. Eventually the concealer met its limits as the stray hair sprouts on the brow grew and grew. I wore my eyeglasses as the next desperate measure.

Last night - I looked closely in the mirror and realized that I could pass as a relative of Groucho Marx. I hadn't replaced my lost tweezer and felt squeamish at the thought of borrowing a tweezer from a roommate.

Nail clippers. I'd used it before on my leg if I spotted a stray hair that escaped the razor. I should be an expert by now by merely plucking it as opposed to snipping. With the hand mirror close to my face and a steady hand.. I did better than I thought I would and suffered no clipped skin or cuts to my eyebrows. I look less Groucho and more of a Garbo. Yay! Also I've been tweezing my eyebrows since senior year in high school. Don't do this at home if you've never experienced tweezing at all!

Did this ever happen to you? The need to groom but you don't have the appropriate tool on hand?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

I hate buying tweezers. They suck. Too blunt and it pinches like a bitch. The one I lost is European made with very fine metal and tipped with brass. Very light. I will continue my journey of finding tweezer right.

2/22/2005 4:34 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

MUST Have my tweezers! I had three of them but one disappeared somewhere. Why don't you juist go in a salon and pay them a bit of bucks to tweeze/wax for you? At least it'll hold you over until you buy your new tweezers. XOXO

2/22/2005 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you liked your european made tweezers, were you so busy in ireland that you couldn't buy 'em? :-)

-c

2/23/2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

well, my motto at the time was "will do it later, before I leave".. then, "well Sephora should have a decent one at least".

re: waxing or threading. I might mosey over to Aveda or Arden after work one day for the hell of it.

2/23/2005 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, even Ricky's or Bath, Bed and Beyond have tweezer selections for you. Maybe buy a bigger and colorful one, that u cannot miss it if lost again. ;o)

~CMK

3/01/2005 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo yo. i didn't comment before, but i'm a little less antsy today, so: jane actually shaves her eyebrows. she does an excellent job, though i'd never try it. i can't imagine doing that--but i must concede, she has very nice eyebrows.

3/01/2005 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home