Tuesday, November 28, 2006

dreaming in rural

the other night, I had a dream that I somehow got stuck working at some stick in South Carolina. Don't ask me how, just one of those dreams that your friends are in different bodies and we are assigned to do some americorps style work. the place is a real time warp where people wear clothes and have hairstyles that are at least 20-25 years old. I'm not talking about trends that inspired the current H&M clothing, but people who aren't exposed to change.

I find myself that I'd committed to some project and I would have to live there for at least four years. At first I think, this won't be so bad. Then a friend tells me that stimulating cities or places are 4-5 hours drive. Then I settle for broadband internet and VP. One is needed to be set up. There's no public transportation and I don't have access to a car. Then I think I'm in rural hell with meager intellectual resources, I wake up. Living in New York City these last 4 years, I've become quite spoiled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home