Monday, August 08, 2005

O, Americow the bootiful

something...purple mountain majesties... above the fruited plains.. something something... from the sea to the shining sea... crown thy brotherhood.. something something. or that was before this ? I haven't thought about it since I first learned it as a kid in elementary school. anyhoo.. documenting my travels thus far. I m happy to report that I'll be adding two new states this month and the next: Maine and Ohio. Check. Check.


hmmm.. need to get around more. I've been up and down the east coast along the I-95 as a kid - we used to drive to Florida to visit grandparents.

Alabama and Mississippi were a drive-thru in 95' to reach New Orleans from North Carolina: We were in a bit of a rush so Alabama and Miss were a blur. I do remember the sewage pipe.. Must've been along the interstate or was it the swamp?

Someday - when I have a car and a tent, I'd take a year long drive around the States, northern Mexico states and some Canadian provinces (including Prince Edward Island - a must after reading Anne of Green Gables series)..

few favorite/memorable places to note:

Stockbridge, Mass
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Montreal, Quebec for WFD
Tucson, Arizona

must return to:

St Augustine, Florida.
New Orleans, La.
Philadelphia, PA
San Francisco, CA


states -



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

um it didn't occur to me til i did the map...*stutter*

8/09/2005 10:18 PM  
Blogger K said...

You have not been to Little Rhody??? Tsk! Tsk!

8/10/2005 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home