Friday, July 15, 2005

The Notification

Finally received an email notification from Amazon.com that my pre-order for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be arriving via UPS on July 16th. Course, the delivery has more security than MTA can offer to subway/bus riders, so there's no estimated time of arrival at this time (yes I' ll be checking the tracking around the clock). I ll drag out a chair and wait outside the apartment (no I never installed the doorbell alerter in my apartment) for the fateful delivery. If the UPS driver arrives early in the morning and is cute, I'll French kiss him.

Another event to mark the weekend - the second season premiere for Battlestar Galactica at SCI-FI tonight. I'll take a break from my studies at 10 pm EST to have a glass of Sangria and admire captain Lee Adama. Oh yeah, His father the no-nonsense Cmdr Adama being mortally wounded, Capt Tigh taking the reins, and the sensible president cum leader with a zeal to find that arrow President Rosyln who's now jailed for compromising the safety of her citizens. And there's Starbucks who kicked one of No 6's ass, Helo and Linda the soft hearted Cylon who he knocked up. Weak and horny Dr Gaius who has his balls wrapped around No. 6's finger. And there's another Linda a cylon sleeper who attacked Cmdr Adama.

So many continuing stories for a two day period. I ll be floating into a world of fiction and imagination this weekend with minimal television time.

Weekend of delirium, here I come!

3 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hey, there's a great article on Galactica in tomorrow's NY Times... It's in the Magazine section... It'll be free online tomorrow and for the next 7 days at www.nytimes.com

Figured you'd enjoy it!

I DVR's the episide last night.... will watch it soon.

I can't bear the suspense so I'll probably save up three episodes to watch at one time. The cliff hangers drive me nuts...

Cheers,
Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's Kitchen
And I Quote Blog

7/16/2005 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to drive one hour to Barnes and Nobles bookstore to pick up my reserved book. Have you started reading yet? I cannot wait!!! =)

7/17/2005 2:20 PM  
Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

Mr HK - yep found it online and thanks for the heads up. speaking of cliff hangers.. just finished HP this morning. least B.G. have weekly cliff hangers whereas HP leaves you hanging for a good year or so..

christine - ya finished yet? what do you think?

7/17/2005 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home