Sunday, July 10, 2005

Kate, the Next Julia Child






not Martha Stewart. I'm not as bent and driven as she is - or was? I haven't bothered to observe her post jail persona. Here are the pictures to please your sweet eye.

Once again, I went to Karen Duff's cookbook and decided to bake a cake for a friend's farewell party that occurred over the 4th of July weekend.

Raspberry upside down cake

1 10 oz bag frozen raspberries (according to duff, peach and blueberry 'are lovely as well')
1 package vanilla or yellow cake mix

I opted for raspberries and yellow cake mix. The cake isn't out of the world, but was a very decent dessert and I'm happy to report that there was only one piece left.

follow the package directions - grease and flour two 9inch round cake pans. Pour an even amount of frozen berries into each pan. Bake etc etc. Let the cakes cool in the pans, then invert them onto serving plates. One wee complaint - after 30 minutes in the oven the raspberries came out all mushy.

ed's note - the layout didnt put the pictures into the proper sequence! hmph. apply logic.
and yes that's my hand (washed of course) - I'm one of those helpless batter lickers..

6 Comments:

Blogger Ridor said...

UP next is Fruitcake?

R-

7/10/2005 9:51 PM  
Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

ya calling me a fruitcake, ya fruitcake?

7/11/2005 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a DELISH upside down cake! Make more, darling! ;o)

~CMK

7/11/2005 11:54 AM  
Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

will do, sweets.

whose ass in reference to, my assed friend??

7/11/2005 3:16 PM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

mmmmm Batter!

7/12/2005 7:07 AM  
Blogger K said...

Yummm........ burp!

7/12/2005 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home