Sunday, October 09, 2005

Ooops

Was a total zombie this morning.. Well most of the day.. Logged in about 11 hours of sleep over the weekend plus 50 minutes pre dinner nap tonight.

Friend and I stopped at a coffee place to have some lattes this morning.. A man stood next to me, reading his Sunday's edition of New York Times waiting for his order.. I peeked at couple articles on the front page..

Several moments later, it was my turn to place an order. I had a pen ready but no paper.. The cashier seemed at loss.. I saw a newspaper in front of me and went on to scribble "2 small lattes to go". The cashier looked at it and smiled in acknowledgement. I noticed the newspaper was being picked up and I looked at who it was.. To my embarrassment it was the same dude who read that newspaper.. I think my eyes went real big, my face grew hot and I covered my mouth with my hand in genuine and absentminded shock.. The man nodded sheepishly and scuttled to a table.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*guffaws* Didn't you ask the newspaper guy for his contact info? ;o)

~CMK

10/11/2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger Kate O. Breen said...

eh. not my type from what i could see. and yes, i'm shallow.

10/12/2005 4:02 PM  
Blogger JRS said...

doesn't matter. this is a technique a pretty girl or boy can use to ease embarrassment. "Hi, I just used the money you had on your table to pay for my drink because you're really cute and I want your contact info!"

By the time he realizes what's happened it's next morning and he's bought you four more drinks and hopefully a watch.

10/30/2005 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home