Thursday, September 21, 2006

should i steal something to be in the system?

I'm at a state office waiting for my fingerprinting appointment. My sixth appointment in nine months. Working in a direct care environment entails fingerprinting to protect consumers. I'm fortunate to be hired right before the merger occured with a bigger agency. The particular agency requires fingerprinting which is fine with me. Albany isn't accepting my fingerprinting results, citing "not clear prints". All staff I work with and hired have been cleared to work. Nine months in the job, there s a joke that I should rob a bank so I can get into the system so least Albany would see my fingerprints. Oy.

Erfo and I were doing a small art project few weeks ago. We swapped tales and battles to perfect a coloring technique. One thing in common is our use of fingers to blend colors with pastel chalks. We would burn our fingertips to achieve a desired effect of color/shading. Mom thinks old artists like me are a threat to security after 9/11. Far as I can tell appointments run maybe 15 mins. I run maybe 45 to 90 minutes depending on policemen s patience with the fingerprinting software. On my third appointment the policeman recognized me and said "you again?". When the software failed to approve my fingerprints - "fuck this shit" he got out the ink pad and two sheets of paper. Few weeks later I hear from human resources. Albany isn't satisfied. The fifth appointment: the same policeman nearly cried from expasteration. After two failed attempts - he was on the phone with Albany arguing my case saying "she s been here five times, man. Give her a break".. Seemingly, I was in the clear all summer thinking all is finished. Mustve been a summer hiatus for Albany - I received an email from human resources about another appointment. I gave a resigned affirmation to confirm a sixth appointment.

New policeman is staring at me with a worried face - office gossip mustve caught up with him. "It s her. She s been here five times - she must be a freak, willing her fingerprinting to shift shapes."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! Poor you! So far my fingerprints are fine... *knocking on the wood* ;-)

9/25/2006 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home