Thursday, January 29, 2009

a brief post....



Ignore my hair - it's going through an awkward growing-out stage. A couple pictures from Embangwei, a deaf school up north near Mzimba. The painting was hanging in the guest dining area - I love the quirkiness of it. (shoot. the pics failed to upload. will keep trying)

The seven day baseline survey/needs assessment of some deaf students was an eye opening experience for me. I returned Tuesday, settled in a new hostel and now nursing a cold praying that it will not progress into a flu since it's been going around. Next, I will participate and assist with Betty and Deaf Action (Scotland)'s 2nd phase of a six day sign language interpreting training starting this Sunday. It also include religious, medical, and legal themes so the training should be quite interesting.

4 Comments:

Blogger MCC Brazil! said...

Please keep trying! I want to see ur hair! I keep looking to see if your pics are up but no go? Bad internet?

2/03/2009 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want know more about the assessment, your opinion, your observations, what you learned! :)

2/04/2009 5:55 AM  
Blogger JRS said...

I miss you and sending you great energy! Your project makes me excited! Hugs and ping me when you get a chance!

Yours from America, Joe

2/10/2009 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Let me know what you find out.

Do you need anything from the U.S.? Let me know and I'll send you a care package.

xoxoxo

2/10/2009 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home